To disable the balloon driver in an ESX host:
- Access the ESX host on which the virtual machine resides using the vSphere Client connected to the ESX host or vCenter Server.
- Log in to the ESX Server host as a user with administrative rights.
- Shut down the virtual machine.
- Right-click on the virtual machine listed on the Inventory panel and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and select General.
- Click Configuration Parameters.
- Click Add row and add the parameter sched.mem.maxmemctl in the text box.
- Click on the row next to it and add 0 in the text box.
- Click OK to save changes.